News

Massie changed, his voters didn’t, mosque attack’s hidden lesson and other commentary

Don’t mistake the cause of Rep. Tom Massie’s primary defeat Tuesday, warns The Federalist’s Sean Davis.

The tricks Gavin Newsom used to make his last budget look ‘balanced’

This is a classic Newsom head fake. He makes the claim that he is...

Democrats in Sacramento want to make energy even more expensive

SB 1359 asks Californians to accept higher costs, fewer choices, and growing reliability concerns...

Crazed ‘Mangionistas’: Letters to the Editor — May 21, 2026

NY Post readers discuss three fans of Luigi Mangione who received press passes from...

Future president Spencer Pratt is in trouble for saying LA should be ‘beautiful’ again

Welcome to The California Post's Pirate Wires column. This week we've Spencer Pratt in...

Trump courts ballroom donors

Welcome to The Hill's Business & Economy newsletter {beacon} Business & Economy Business & Economy   The Big Story Trump hosts ballroom donors at White House President Trump on Wednesday hosted a dinner for donors helping to fund the cost of a planned White House ballroom, including leaders of major businesses. © AP Trump held...

Chamber sues Trump over H-1B visas

{beacon} Technology Technology   The Big Story Chamber of Commerce fights Trump's H-1B visa fee The U.S. Chamber of Commerce sued the Trump administration Thursday over its decision to raise the fee for H-1B work visa applications to $100,000, arguing that President Trump exceeded his authority in altering the visa program. © Adobe Stock The Chamber argues that Congress...

NC Republicans target moderate Dem’s district with new map

Republicans in the North Carolina General Assembly proposed a new congressional map on Thursday, one that would change the makeup of Democratic Rep. Don Davis’s district. Under the proposed map, the 1st District, represented by Davis, would include Beaufort, Craven, Carteret, Pamlico, Hyde and Dare counties. The six counties were previously part of the 3rd...

Moulton returning AIPAC donations over close ties to Netanyahu’s government

Rep. Seth Moulton (D-Mass.) said Thursday he will not accept further donations from the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) and will return donations he has already received from the group. “I support Israel’s right to exist, but I’ve also never been afraid to disagree openly with AIPAC when I believe they’re wrong,” Moulton said...

Shutdown tensions high after Dems block Defense spending bill

Welcome to The Hill's Defense & NatSec newsletter {beacon} Defense &National Security Defense &National Security   The Big Story Shutdown tensions high after Dems block Defense spending bill Senate Democrats voted Thursday to block the annual, full-year Defense spending bill, despite the measure passing out of committee with strong bipartisan support earlier this year. ©...

Unions sue Trump administration over social media vetting of visa holders

Three labor unions sued the Trump administration on Thursday in connection with a program that searched social media posts of visa holders, arguing that it violates the First Amendment. The unions — the International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America; Communication Workers of America; and American Federation of Teachers — called...

Trump advances IVF agenda with latest pricing deal 

Presented by the Coalition to Strengthen America's Healthcare {beacon} Health Care Health Care PRESENTED BY COALITION TO STRENGTHEN AMERICA'S HEALTHCARE The Big Story Trump advances IVF agenda with latest pricing deal The White House on Thursday announced dual actions aimed at expanding access to in vitro fertilization (IVF), including the latest deal with a drugmaker...

Commander of US Southern Command retiring, Hegseth says 

Navy Adm. Alvin Holsey, who is overseeing the U.S. military’s strikes against boats in the Caribbean that the Trump administration argues are smuggling drugs into the country, will retire at the end of the year, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said on Thursday.  Holsey, a four-star admiral who is the commander of U.S. Southern Command (Southcom),...

3 in 4 blame all major players for shutdown: Poll

Most Americans pinned the blame on the government shutdown on all parties involved — Republicans, Democrats and President Trump — according to a poll released Thursday by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research. Roughly three-quarters of Americans surveyed said Republicans, Democrats and Trump deserve "a moderate amount" of blame over the shutdown, with...

Jeffries stands by Democrat at the center of violent text scandal in Virginia

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) on Thursday stood by the Democrat running for attorney general in Virginia, suggesting Jay Jones should remain in the race following revelations that he had mused about violence against a Republican lawmaker and his children. Asked whether the Democrat should step aside, Jeffries signaled that Jones’s apologies for the...

Former Trump adviser John Bolton indicted over mishandling classified documents

A federal grand jury indicted former national security adviser John Bolton on charges of transmitting and retaining national defense information, bringing another criminal case against a critic of President Trump. Bolton faces eight transmission counts and 10 retention counts. Prosecutors allege that, beginning in April 2018 until at least August this year, Bolton “abused...

Swalwell: When we’re in majority, ICE masks coming off

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) said Democrats are discussing ways to prohibit U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers from covering their faces when carrying out enforcement operations — should the party retake the majority in the 2026 midterm elections. “When we are in the majority, the masks are coming off,” the California Democrat told The New...

10,000 US forces now supporting counternarcotics operations in Caribbean

There are now around 10,000 U.S. forces supporting counternarcotics operations in the Caribbean, a Pentagon official told The Hill on Thursday, a substantial military buildup as the Trump administration ramps up its campaign against Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro. The majority of service members in the region are based in Puerto Rico, while Marines in the...

Watch live: Trump announces move to expand IVF access

President Trump will reportedly announce his first concrete steps on Thursday toward expanding access to in vitro fertilization (IVF), an expensive procedure to induce pregnancy that he promised to make more affordable during his 2024 campaign. Trump signed an executive order in February asking for recommendations for policies that could lower IVF costs. He will...

- A word from our sponsors -

spot_img
HomeNews